numa compact 2
mighty. portable. sounds great.
numa compact 2
mighty. portable. sounds great.
The Numa Compact 2 is completely redesigned from the base. In a very compact size and lightweight cabinet we have integrated a totally new technology directly derived from high quality and professional keyboards.
Power becomes Compact.
The Numa Compact 2 is a big step forward in terms of sound quality, digital post processing effects and full MIDI controller features. Thanks to the built-in speakers and the internal digital amplifier, the Numa Compact 2 is suitable and flexible in any musical environment.
Start from a training session at home and be the king of the stage.
Expressive performance with ergonomic metal stick controllers. The programmable sticks and the Aftertouch add to the performance a complete musical control, never found before in any instrument of its category.
Numa Compact 2 grows with your demands. You can either use it with the high quality built-in speakers in a training session, practice at home with your headphones and plug it to the PA system when playing with your musician friends or performing live on stage.
New OLED display for a clear view. New sound bank section with a wide selection of professional sounds, based on a 1 GB flash memory. New professional FX processor, which allows to perform up to 6 effects simultaneously.
Small and Compact. Everything you need in just 7Kg.
Take it anywhere.
Bass & Guitar
|play_arrow||E-Guitar + Drive + Delay|
|play_arrow||Jazz guitar + FX|
|play_arrow||Pluck and Slap|
|play_arrow||Jazz Organ 1|
|play_arrow||Jazz Organ 2|
|play_arrow||Organ + Drive + Bass & Ride|
- 88 Keys, TP/9 PIANO semi-weighted Action
- Dual switch detection system
- Soft, Medium, Hard, Fixed (programmable)
- Max Polyphony 128 voices
- 2 Parts: Lower + Upper
- TrS (True Sound) Stereo multi-samples
- 88 Sounds
- 8 Acoustic Piano, 8 Electric Piano, 8 Keyboards, 12 Bass & Guitars, 12 Organs, 12 Synthesizers, 12 Orchestral, 16 Other sounds
- Up to 6 effects simultaneously: 2 FX on Lower + 2 FX on Upper + Reverb + Strings resonance
- FX1: Drive, Chorus, Phaser, Flanger
- FX2: Rotary, Tremolo, Pan Trem, Delay
- REVERB: Room, Hall, Plate, Spring
- Strings Resonance on all Piano sounds with level control
- Sound and Programs
- 99 User programs
- 1GB Samples memory
- 4 Sections
- 2 Sounds in Layer or Split mode
- 2 MIDi Zones in Layer or Split mode
- Edit functions
- Global Edit (8 parameters), Program Edit (4 parameters), Part Edit (13 parameters), Mixer (Lower / Upper / Zone A / Zone B volume control)
- Master controls: Bass, Treble, Mastering, Volume
- MIDI Module
- 2 Programmable Zones - A/B
- Program Change, Bank Select (LSB, MSB), MIDI Channel, Volume, Split assign, Transpose, Octave
- Pedals 1-2 assign, Sticks 1-2 assign
- 10 + 10W built-in digital Amplifier
- 2 Elliptical full range speakers
- OLED display 128 x 64 dots
- Encoder with push function
- 7 potentiometer
- 20 buttons
- Stick 1: Pitch
- Stick 2: Mod + FX Control
- Audio OUT: 2x 6,3 mm mono jack (L+R)
- Headphones: 6,3 mm TRS jack (programmable as Aux out)
- Pedals: Expression, Universal
- MIDI: In, Out
- USB: Audio, MIDI, hi-speed transfer, USB powerable (not amplified)
- DC IN: 12V
- Input: 100-240V / Output: 12V-2,5A
- Width: 127 cm / 50"
- Depth: 23 cm / 9"
- Height: 10 cm / 4"
- Weight: 7,1 Kg / 15,6 lbs
- Numa Compact 2
- Power adapter
- CD Manual
Specifications are subject to change without notice.
English, Italiano, Deutsch, Françaisfile_downloaddownload
Firmware and updates
memoryNuma Compact 2 OS
Before updating, please check the installed Firmware version in the last page of the Global Edit: keep pressed the Edit button to enter in Global Edit, rotate the Encoder to select the last page. We also suggest to read the release note, to avoid unnecessary updates.
1. Download the firmware from the button below and save it in a known folder;
2. Connect the instrument to the power and then to your computer with a suitable USB cable (we recommend to use a ferrite-shielded cable);
3. Verify that the instrument is seen by your computer and selected as MIDI Out device, in the related settings;
4. Turn on the instrument while keeping pressed the A0 (first white key on the left) and D1 (fourth white key from the left); the display will show the message "Firmware Upload";
5. Open any program able to "play" a midifile (i.e. MIDI-Ox for PC, QMidi for Mac etc);
6. Open MIDI-Ox
7. In the menu bar, choose Actions > Play MIDI... , MIDI Bar will be opened;
8. In the MIDI BAR windows, click on "Select MCI Port" button and select Numa Compact 2;
9. In MIDI BAR click on "Open" and choose the file you have downloaded;
10. Press the play button and wait for the end of the procedure;
11. When the Numa Compact 2 display shows "UPLOAD FINISHED", restart the instrument (off and on).
6. Open QMidi;
7. Select the firmware file you have downloaded;
8. In the menu bar choose QMidi > Audio/MIDI settings and select Numa Compact 2 as output device;
9. In the main window press the play button and wait for the complete procedure;
10. When the Numa Compact 2 display shows "UPLOAD FINISHED", restart the instrument (off and on).
USB Audio - Read more >
Improved usability of the Pitch Bend (Stick 1)
Implemented the Aftertouch via MIDI
Fixed an issue that resetted the Rotary Amount to 64, after selecting a different organ sound
Fixed the view of the current sound in the panel, when the MIDI section is selected.
New Global control for Speakers: Off (disabled) - Auto (auto-off - with headphones) - Aux (always on - with power adapter)
Optimized USB connection with Computers and iPad
Common Ch: the instrument can be played by MIDI Common channel, as with the internal keyboard (with split as locally set)
Increased time out to home display, during a Sound selection (or click on the encoder to confirm the selection)
Enhanced protection when changing sounds with a Damper pedal pressed (note-off extended control)
Optimized MIDI Out flow (auto-disable function of duplicated MIDI messages)
Extended Global parameters stored settings at power off (excluding Transpose and Tuning, reset to zero-default)
Added OFF setting to the Program Change list, to disable the Program Change function
Added Display auto stand-by (total black display) automatically reset when playing keys or touching controls;
Improved User Interface with easier and faster access to some functions
FX-Autoset remains as stored in the Global Edit (on or off) and not reset when turning the instrument off or changing programs
General FX noise reduction, also when changing Programs in a fast sequence