import_contactsSL Keyboards - User Manual
import_contactsSL Editor - Quick Guide
insert_drive_fileUSB connection instructions
insert_drive_fileSL Magnetic Accessories - Assembly instructions
Firmware and updates
memorySL Keyboards OS
Before updating your SL, make sure to use the latest version of SL Editor.
- Connect the SL Controller to the computer via USB;
- Turn on the SL while pressing the IN button: the display will show "FIRMWARE UPGRADE";
- Launch the SL Editor;
- On the GLOBAL / MIDI page set the PORT 2 of the SL as INPUT and OUTPUT devices (don’t click CONNECT);
- On the SL Editor select the new firmware (*.sys) that you have downloaded from Studiologic website;
- Click "TRANSMIT" and wait for the end of the procedure, then reboot the instrument (OFF then ON).
Ready to be connected with Mixface with automatic settings.
SL Programs can control and store Mixface programs that are shown on the SL display.
With Mixface connected each Zone of the SL can be routed via Bluetooth
Minor improvements on the Pitch Bend
PROGRAM CHANGE: now it is possible to increment or decrement the internal SL-Programs; the function can be set independently on Pedal 1, Pedal 2 or sent to external devices/software via USB through the selected (enabled) Common Channel.
COMMON CHANNEL can be set to values from Channel 1 to 16, allowing to select the main SL-Programs from an external computer software and send the Programs Plus/Minus controls via USB.
Program change and Common channel are in the GLOBAL/SYSTEM page.
Improved position detection of sticks
Default value of Stick 1 Y set to OFF
Default value of Stick 2 X set to OFF
Windows 7 or higher
macOS 10.8 or higher
Support to SL Mixface, when connected to the SL Keyboard:
Choice of the Mixface Program
Pollibility to enable the Bluetooth port
Added global settings PROGRAM CHANGE and COMMON CHANNEL
Optimized smoothing of the velocity curves values (User Curve 1-6) created by the Mac version of the Editor
New implementation of the OFF value for Volume, Program Change, MSB and LSB
Choose you operating system
Frequently asked questions
- Why my SL does not sound?addAll SL MIDI Controllers are designed to control other devices or virtual instruments. For this reason they don't include a sound generation and don't have audio outputs.
- Does SL Editor include sounds?addNo, the SL Editor application allows to control all the parameters of a SL controllers with a user-friendly interface.
- What is the difference between SL88 Studio and SL88 GrandaddAll SL controllers offer the same functions. The differences are the number of keys (73 or 88) and the type of keyboard. The Grand version keyboard offers a more premium touch but at the same time increases the overall weight of the instrument. The choice is purely subjective and we suggest you to try the difference with your hand.
- Can I use the SL with an iPad?addThe SL can be connected to an iPad (or iPhone) by using a Lightning-USB adaptor. The SL need to be powered by the power supply included in the box.