Firmware and updates
memoryNuma Compact 2 OS
Before updating, please check the installed Firmware version in the last page of the Global Edit: keep pressed the Edit button to enter in Global Edit, rotate the Encoder to select the last page. We also suggest to read the release note, to avoid unnecessary updates.
- Download the firmware from the button below and save it in a known folder;
- Connect the instrument to the power and then to your computer with a suitable USB cable (we recommend to use a ferrite-shielded cable);
- Verify that the instrument is seen by your computer and selected as MIDI Out device, in the related settings;
- Turn on the instrument while keeping pressed the A0 (first white key on the left) and D1 (fourth white key from the left); the display will show the message "Firmware Upload";
- Open any program able to "play" a midifile (i.e. MIDI-Ox for PC, QMidi for Mac etc);
- In the preferences of your MIDI application, select tyhe Numa Compact 2 as output device;
- Open and play the file you have downloaded. Wait for the end of the procedure;
- When the Numa Compact 2 display shows "UPLOAD FINISHED", restart the instrument (off and on).
USB Audio - Read more >
Improved usability of the Pitch Bend (Stick 1)
Implemented the Aftertouch via MIDI
Fixed an issue that resetted the Rotary Amount to 64, after selecting a different organ sound
Fixed the view of the current sound in the panel, when the MIDI section is selected.
New Global control for Speakers: Off (disabled) - Auto (auto-off - with headphones) - Aux (always on - with power adapter)
Optimized USB connection with Computers and iPad
Common Ch: the instrument can be played by MIDI Common channel, as with the internal keyboard (with split as locally set)
Increased time out to home display, during a Sound selection (or click on the encoder to confirm the selection)
Enhanced protection when changing sounds with a Damper pedal pressed (note-off extended control)
Optimized MIDI Out flow (auto-disable function of duplicated MIDI messages)
Extended Global parameters stored settings at power off (excluding Transpose and Tuning, reset to zero-default)
Added OFF setting to the Program Change list, to disable the Program Change function
Added Display auto stand-by (total black display) automatically reset when playing keys or touching controls;
Improved User Interface with easier and faster access to some functions
FX-Autoset remains as stored in the Global Edit (on or off) and not reset when turning the instrument off or changing programs
General FX noise reduction, also when changing Programs in a fast sequence
Frequently asked questions
- No sound comes from the speakers. They are broken?addGo to GLOBAL EDIT > SPEAKERS and select AUX. Check the User Manual for more details.
- What is the difference between a Numa Compact 2 and a Numa Compact 2xaddWhile Numa Compact 2 uses Samples for all sounds, Numa Compact 2x is equipped with two additional engines to generate the Organ Synth sounds.
- Does this mean that the Organ and Synth sounds of the Numa Compact 2 are not good?addThe quality of sounds of Numa Compact 2 and 2x can be comparable. However the two additional engines of the Numa Compact 2x allow to edit the parameters of the Organ and Synth sounds in real time.
- Why does the display go off by itself sometimes?addThe display is equipped with a protection that deactivates it if it is not used for a while. Just push any key to reactivate it.
- How can I use the "USB Audio" function?addYou can find more information here.